Welcome to Melanie Amparo Photography!
I’m Melanie! I specialize in photographing birth stories, newborns, maternity, and families.
Some fun facts about me:
- I’m married to my high school sweetheart. We started dating at 15 and got married at the courthouse at 23.
- I’m a mama to a wild, free-spirited, and adventurous boy! He’ll eventually grow up to be the class clown, I’m sure of it.
- I was a gymnast for over 10 years. Ended with an ACL tear.
- I’m a slight perfectionist. I mean I use to have a plan for the way my life would play out and obviously it doesn’t always work out. So that’s where the “slight” part comes in. I tend to be super critical and have always feared failure. I would make decisions based on whether or not I thought failing was a possibility.
- I have a Bachelor’s of Science in Kinesiology and a Master’s of Science in Public Health. Yet here I am, a photographer. Never in a million years did I think I would be a photographer. But truth is, I absolutely adore it. I love being able to be creative and to tell people’s stories. 7 out of 10 times it doesn’t feel like work.
As a photographer, my hope is to capture the quirky, fun, silly, true, genuine and real you. I appreciate simplicity over props and genuine interaction over forced smiles. I want to be able to tell your story with the real, raw moments so when you’re 80 you can look back and remember those moments just as they are.
I adore earth tones and have a moody, but natural and organic feel to my style. I am also always down for an adventure! Let’s climb to the top of a mountain, wander a wide open field, walk the shoreline or jump full on into the water for your session!
Talk to ya soon!
Melanie Amparo Photography
Birth, Baby, Family Photographer